Charming Anjodi is a charming Dutch-designed barge full of character, made famous by “Rick Stein’s French Odyssey”, in which she was the star. She offers one of the loveliest Canal du Midi cruises. Decorated with gleaming dark wood paneling and bright Provencal fabrics inside, she also boasts a lovely spacious deck area perfect for soaking up the sun and watching the world go by on the beautiful Canal du Midi in the South of France. Anjodi is one of the most popular barges in the fleet and on this magnificent itinerary, guests discover the extraordinary walled city of Carcassonne, the perched Cathar village of Minerve and Roman Narbonne, as well as highlights such as the 7 flight lock at Fonserannes, cruise through the oldest canal tunnel in the world, and an aqueduct crossing over the River Orb. Mediterranean cuisine including fresh seafood and Languedoc wines are a superb addition to this quintessential barging experience!
Sunday, Day 1 Le Somail
Monday, Day 2 Le Somail to Capestang
Tuesday, Day 3 Capestang to Malpas
Wednesday, Day 4 Malpas to Beziers
Thursday, Day 5 Beziers to Portiragnes
Friday, Day 6 Portiragnes to Marseillan
Saturday, Day 7 Marseillan
This is a sample itinerary and is subject to change. On alternate weeks the cruise is in the reverse direction.
Stateroom per person
Charter Max. 6 pax.
Charter Max. 7 pax.
Charter Max. 8 pax.
Note all our prices are in euros. Please ask us if you live in the USA and would like prices in US dollars. We convert to Australian dollars at current exchange rates on the day of payment of deposit/full payment.
Departure Dates 2024
Price is all-inclusive - inclusions are:
- Local transfers between local meeting point and the hotel barge (approximate transfer duration 1hr)
- Luxury 6 night cruise
- All meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef
- An open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks
- All premium wines served throughout the cruise
- Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary
- The services of 4 crew and use of barge facilities, which include bicycles and spa pool